The ASWA Wellbeing Skill Set is designed to enable individuals to effectively integrate wellbeing into their own professional lives and work environment. It is used by leading organisations to support the mental health and wellbeing of their employees by developing an understanding of the fundamentals of wellbeing and how to use them in today’s ever-changing world.
Aligned to the award-winning 3-pronged ASWA Wellness Approach and the Nationally Recognised Diploma of Wellness Leadership Program, this course is designed to cater for a wide range of audiences seeking relevant wellbeing skills with the valuable pathway option available to upskill even further to an accredited nationally recognised qualification as a professional leader of wellbeing in work and community environments.
Who is this program for?
- Wellbeing co-ordinators (currently or aspiring to be) wanting relevant and practical foundation skills to confidently support team wellbeing;
- Wellness ambassadors and champions looking to upskill with evidence-based principles of wellness and a relevant Nationally Recognised career pathway option;
- Individuals and team members wanting to strengthen their own wellbeing skills to support their colleagues and the wellbeing strategy (usually designed with the Wellness Leader)
- Change-makers that are passionate about contributing to a positive and healthy culture in groups, workplaces and the community.
N.B. THERE ARE NO PRE-REQUISITES FOR ENROLMENT.
What does the training program cover?
Content is provided over 4 Topics, including:
Topic 1 – Lead Personal and Professional Success
By managing personal work priorities and leading professional development plan.
You will learn how to plan your goals to meet objectives, assess your personal skills and knowledge, and prioritise competing demands (personal and work) to serve as a positive role model by maintaining work life balance and managing personal stress levels.
Topic 2 – Integrate Wellness Principles into Life and Workplaces
You will discover and develop life strategies related to the principles of wellness, including purpose, values, mindfulness, movement, nutrition, stress, breath and sleep. You will integrate these skills and strategies into your own life and support others in the workplace to take control of their own wellbeing for greater engagement and performance.
Topic 3 – Power with Optimum Nutrition
By understanding and using information about nutrition and diet
Building on the Principles of Wellness, you will research nutritional principles to provide information and identify changes that can be made to promote healthier diets. You will research and monitor credible sources of information on the latest scientific nutritional breakthroughs and consumer trends.
Topic 4 -Build Resilience
To Manage Stress in Life and in the Workplace
Building further on your principles of wellness skills, you will discover how to recognise the signs of stress in your own life and in teams, and how to assist others to maintain work life balance through strategies to build resilience to stress. You will learn stress management and morale building strategies and techniques that assists workers to effectively reduce, manage and deal with stress within a team and recover effectively from stressful or challenging situations.
What does the program include?
- 24-session online course covering these 4 topics:
- Lead personal and professional success
- Integrate wellness principles into life and workplaces
- Build resilience to manage stress in life and workplaces
- Power with optimum nutrition
- 4 Workbooks with activities
- Online ASWA Wellness Community Forum
- Recent news/industry updates
- Certificate of completion of the Wellbeing Skill Set from the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy (upon completion of all online topics)
- NOTE: There are no assessments for this program
Contact us for more information for you and/or your team.