Funding for training and mentoring
Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life…a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
World Health Organisation
Flexible Payment Plans
Skills and Training Boost
The Government’s Skills and Training Boost encourages small businesses across Australia to train new staff and upskill existing staff, helping them to be innovative and grow.
Small businesses will be able to claim a bonus 20 per cent deduction for the cost of external training courses delivered to employees in Australia or online, by providers registered in Australia.
What does this mean for you?
This means that for every $100 you spend on training, you can get a $120 tax deduction.
There is no limit on how much spending on training can be deducted by a small business at the bonus rate of 120 per cent, but certain rules apply such as:
- The course must be run by an external registered training provider.
- Training can be provided in-person or online.
- The tax boost applies to eligible expenditure incurred from Budget night (29 March 2022) until 30 June 2024.
- In-house and on-the-job training is not eligible, nor is money spent training people who are not employees of the business.
The Skills and Training Tax Boost for small businesses makes it even more attractive for organisations to upskill their staff and attract new staff.
Get in touch with our team today to discuss your industry training requirements.
Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers
Are you aged over 40 and looking to re-skill?
The Australian Government, through its Skills and Training Incentive, is providing up to $2,200 (GST inclusive) to fund training to help mature age Australians to update their skills and remain in the workforce longer.
You are eligible for the Incentive if you:
- aged 40 years or over,
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident,
- employed and at risk of entering the income support system, or recently unemployed (within 12 months), and
- not registered for assistance through an Australian Government employment services program.
You can find out more information about the Incentive and the Program by:
- visiting skillscheck.com.au
- visiting the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website at https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-checkpoint-older-workers-program
- Or https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-and-training-incentive; and
- contacting your local Program Provider, who can help you apply for the Program and potentially access the Incentive, using the details below:
The BUSY Group Ltd (in QLD, SA, TAS, NT) 13 BUSY (13 28 79)
VERTO Ltd (in NSW, VIC, ACT) 1300 4 VERTO (1300 483 786)
Austudy is financial help for available for full-time students aged 25 years or more. Eligibility basics are as follows:
- aged 25 years or more, and
- studying full-time in an approved course at an approved educational institution, or
- undertaking a full-time Australian Apprenticeship or traineeship.
Our Diploma of Wellness Leadership course is approved by Austudy. For more information, please visit the Centrelink site.