Blended Online – Self paced – 12 mths
Quarterly Intakes: Feb, May, Aug and Nov
This highly regarded cross-sector Nationally Recognised qualification course reflects the role of Workplace Wellbeing Leaders who utilise strategic thinking and communication skills to develop, implement, evaluate and monitor wellbeing strategies and initiatives.
Based on a whole-person and whole-organisation framework, this course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to perform the following tasks associated with Workplace Wellness Leaders:
- Co-ordinate Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Develop, implement, evaluate and monitor workplace wellbeing strategies that support a positive, safe and healthy work culture
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships and teams to support employee wellbeing
- Develop, implement, evaluate and monitor wellness plans and strategies for individuals and work teams
- Integrate wellness principles and strategies into lives and embed into workplace systems and settings to optimise engagement and performance of people and organisations
- Communicate effectively to ensure effective outcomes of developed wellness strategies
- Manage psychological health and wellbeing in the workplace and provide support to others within an organisation or work area
- Act within the scope of practice of a Wellness Leader and identify when referral to health professionals is required.
Employee wellbeing is one of the fastest growing fields and our participants come from all industries and sectors. Wellness Leadership is not exclusively for leaders either. It is for anyone who is human-centred and interacts with other people: managers, supervisors, customer service staff, professionals in any field, entrepreneurs, coaches and consultants.
EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE FROM THE AUSTRALASIAN SUSTAINABLE WELLNESS ACADEMY
Aligned with WHS frameworks and ISO 45003, the global standard for managing psychological health and psychosocial hazards in the workplace, this innovative course is the ideal upskilling pathway for:
- Team leaders, HR and WHS professionals looking for a best-practice mental health and wellbeing training solution
- Professionals wanting to learn how to develop whole-person, whole-organisation strategy solutions for individuals, teams and organisations
- Employees whose roles are to contribute to the health, safety (physical & psychological) and wellbeing of others
- Business unit or team leaders wanting to strengthen organisational outcomes with the effective integration of practical solutions for identifying and mitigating psychosocial risk factors.
- Anyone interested in expanding career options with professional skills in the emerging field of workplace wellbeing.
Strengthen Mental Health & Wellbeing Capabilities
You will develop capabilities of resilience, mindfulness and emotional intelligence, as well as strategy development combined with effective implementation and leadership skills.
You will gain the core competencies to self-lead and to lead others with authenticity, inspiration and purpose, whilst acting with integrity within your scope of practice and working collaboratively with an understanding of creating and delivering wellbeing strategies and projects against measurable outcomes that support business objectives.
Mentoring by an experienced professional Wellness Leader is a valuable component of this professional development program. Mentoring sessions take place at two to four-week intervals and go for around an hour long. During these sessions, the mentor uses their industry experience combined with listening and questioning techniques to guide you along your professional Wellness Leadership journey.
You may also be eligible for Government FUNDING.
When to apply
We offer quarterly intakes (Feb, May, Aug, Nov) for your convenience and life-study-work flexibility.
Submissions of expressions of interest are open all year round however, we encourage you to lodge your expression of interest as soon as you have decided as we do cap our limited placements for students at 20 for each intake.
How to apply
In order to apply at the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy, you will need to complete the online expression of interest form as the first step in the application and enrolment process. Note that enrolment is not finalised until you have been invited to, and completed, the official enrolment form and paid the deposit.
The cross-sector career roles that relate to this course may include:
- Wellness Leader
- Specialist Wellbeing Manager
- Workplace Wellbeing Consultant
- Health and Wellbeing Advisor
- Wellbeing Business Partner.
This course also enables participants to establish and manage a private practice as a Wellness Integration Specialist, consulting to commercial entities and corporations to develop and implement a range of wellness strategies and initiatives.
Graduates of the Diploma of Wellness agree that studying this quality course brings enriching and valuable life-changing experiences. The Diploma offers a revolutionary opportunity to gain a Nationally Recognised qualification in workplace wellbeing. It is designed for busy professionals who want to strengthen expertise as well as for individuals seeking an innovative and inspiring pathway in their personal or professional life.
The outcomes of this course are applicable to any organisation: public or private, large or small, local or global. Although this course is intended primarily for those currently engaged in a workplace, the same principles of health and wellbeing are well suited for creating supportive community environments.
This course empowers and enables you to apply wellbeing principles in your life and work environments with the confidence that it is informed by research and proven best-practice. You will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to increase individual, organisation and community wellbeing as well as the practical tools to make a significant and positive difference in the lives of others.
You will also gain the core competencies to self-lead and to lead others with inspiration and purpose, whilst acting with integrity and working collaboratively with an understanding of financial requirements to deliver against measurable results.
Mentoring, connections with health and wellbeing experts and access to the ASWA online wellness resources and like-minded community, give you the essential skills and support to ensure successful wellness outcomes for you, your career and your organisation. In addition, you will:
- Gain a wide range of wellbeing activities, tools, and strategies you can use immediately
- Help people thrive in their lives and at work
- Learn the theory and most importantly, the practical how-to necessary to effectively integrate wellbeing
- Participate in powerful development activities including The ASWA Wellness Tracker, strengths and core values assessments, as well as personal mentoring
- Enjoy the flexible design of this course to fit in with your schedule
- Walk away with practical tools you can apply immediately
- Have our highly experienced facilitators there at every step of your journey to enable, inspire, guide and support your personal and professional applications of wellness
- Enrolment is easy and we will support you through every step of the process.
The Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy accepts applications from students based anywhere in the world. As a general rule, the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy imposes a minimum age requirement of 17 years.
Our applicants typically include experienced work professionals and students who have completed Year 12 in Queensland or elsewhere in Australia, and international students who have completed equivalent secondary school studies in their own countries.
Please note: This program is delivered 100% online.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to complete an online Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test as documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Enrolments Team.
Please note that enrolment is not finalised until the deposit has been paid.
We are here to serve you. To add value to your personal wellbeing, your career and your organisation. Our course participants often comment on how transformative this program is to them personally, as well as professionally.
The course fee for the 11047 Diploma of Wellness Leadership course is AU$9,950 and is GST exempt, including a deposit of $1500.00
Enrolments in our courses are accepted all year round to suit your life and work schedule.
You can choose to pay via:
- Invoice directly to your employer;
- Direct Deposit; OR
- Credit Card – 1.7% fee applies
You can choose weekly, monthly or a customised payment plan.
Yes, we can provide a customised payment solution that suits your organisations’ budgeting needs. Contact us to discuss your unique needs.
NOTE: The Standard Enrolment is for 12 months. Course extensions are available if needed.
Your education is usually a 100% tax deductible expense.
As the demand for wellness skills continues to grow both nationally and globally, we have both domestic and international students from many countries.
As this program is delivered fully online, if you are located outside of Australia or are already here in Australia and looking to extend your career opportunities, YES you CAN enrol in this course.
The fees and entry requirements remain the same for both domestic and international students.
Nationally Recognised Course
The 11047NAT Diploma of Wellness Leadership is an accredited, Nationally Recognised course.
Angela Derks, Founder CEO of the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy, is the course developer and copyright owner of the course, leading the industry consultation and collaboration with subject matter expertise to effectively deliver the training and assessment for this course.
Most professional industry associations will credit their members with CPE points for completing this course.
Providing even greater opportunities for you to thrive, the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy has approved articulation arrangements with SOUTHERN CROSS UNIVERSITY, recognising the quality learning outcomes completed within our qualifications for maximum credit transfer into first or second year articulated courses.
What others have to say about us:
Want more information?
Become a qualified Workplace Wellbeing Leader, integrating wellness into work or community environments. You can even start your own wellness consulting business from home!ENROL NOW