Online – 6 to 24 months – Self paced
UPSKILL NOW with spa management and wellness
This course delivers comprehensive wellness spa business management skills.
Are you a:
- Wellness Spa or Retreat Business Owner wanting the essential skills, proven framework and experienced mentoring to ensure the profitability and success of your business;
- Therapist or Assistant Manager wanting to fast-track your transition into a manager or leadership role;
- VET Trainer looking to deliver and assess a wellness qualification;
- Graduate of BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management – you may be eligible for up to 50% credit;
- Beauty or Massage student wanting the most-sought after skills to gain employment;
- Entrepreneur committed to success of your wellness business and brand?
If YES, then the Diploma of Wellness Spa Management is ideal for you.
$4,000 BONUS Inclusion
Your Diploma Program includes the highly-respected ASWA business management resources valued at over $4,000 – to ensure your business management success and sustainability, without the stress that can compromise your wellbeing, that of your team and the vital financial wellbeing of your business (ie. cashflow).
What others have to say about us:
the online learning experience to be a very convenient and smooth process,
as I have always received constant support and follow ups from my mentor
Angela. She has always gone out of her way to respond or even meet
face-to-face when needed. I am looking forward to gaining enough skills,
experience and knowledge that will allow me to work in a wellness retreat
environment. Angela's extensive relevant experience has enabled me to expand
my own experiences and practice my newfound skills. I believe this course is
the best avenue to help me get there and with the added benefit of flexible
online study it is a win-win for my current busy work and life schedule. I
am very happy with this whole course process and look forward to completing
it this year!
As the Asia-Pacific’s award-winning leaders in training wellness and spa management skills, combined with our 25+ years’ expertise in spa and wellness retreat operations, the accredited Diploma of Wellness Spa Management was developed in consultation with industry leaders to boost your management career with credibility and confidence.
The opportunities are endless in the global spa and wellness industry, for those with the right skill sets. Make sure you are one of them!
Learn the essential management and wellness skills from the respected industry experts at the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy and get qualified with a nationally recognised 10299NAT Diploma of Wellness (Spa Management) that will take your career to new heights. There’s no better time than now to invest in your future!
$4,000 BONUS INCLUSION
Your Diploma program includes the highly-respected ASWA business management resources valued at over $4,000 – to ensure your business management success and sustainability, without the stress that can compromise your wellbeing, that of your team and the vital financial wellbeing of your business (ie. cashflow).
The 10299NAT Diploma of Wellness is recognised by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) as nationally recognised training.
The Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy is the course developer and copyright owner of the course. The Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy provides the wellness and industry expertise to deliver the training and assessment for this program.
Through our partnership, a 10299NAT Diploma of Wellness (Spa Management) from Prestige Service Training RTO 31981 will be awarded on successful completion.
The post-nominal qualification is Dip Wellness (Spa Management)
This Diploma is suited to those with no prior knowledge of management or wellness fields along with seasoned veterans wanting to further their skills and career opportunities. The outcomes of this course are applicable to individuals looking to gain work as managers in spas, wellbeing centres, health retreats, skin clinics, hotels, cruise ships, health clubs and lifestyle communities. The wellness and management skills you learn will allow you to leverage your professional skills in the booming national and global wellness industry to fast track your management career.
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to gain work as Wellness Spa Manager in the travel, tourism, hospitality and beauty industries.
The course will also enable participants to establish and manage a spa or wellness business and/or provide consulting services to businesses.
The Wellness Spa Manager works independently to develop, implement and monitor wellness activities and healthy workplace wellness programs to promote healthier lifestyles, based on wellness principles, including stress resilience, nutrition, mindfulness, movement, breath and sleep. The Wellness Manager ensures that the programs developed are consistent with, and contextualised to the business and the health objectives sought.
The Wellness Spa Manager works at a managerial level and utilises strategic thinking and communication to collaborate with other key managers, supervisors and stakeholders to develop contextualised wellness-oriented programs. The Wellness Spa Manager promotes and supports group wellness of employees, customers or community members.
The Wellness Manager’s role involves networking to maintain partnerships with health and wellness professionals to enable the business to provide quality wellness experiences.
Underpinning Skills and Knowledge
The Diploma of Wellness Spa Management provides the underpinning skills and knowledge for an individual to perform the management role and tasks to:
- create excellent wellness service experiences for customers;
- develop a comprehensive business plan for a successful wellness spa business;
- develop a finance strategy and marketing plan to support sustainable business success;
- develop and deliver a five-star customer service program to attract and retain top customers;
- develop an engaging and effective strategy to attract, train and retain quality spa talent;
- integrate wellness principles and strategies into life and workplace settings;
- plan, implement, monitor and evaluate a workplace wellness program based on wellness principles and lifestyle practices, including nutrition, stress resilience, movement, breath, sleep and mindfulness;
- support employee wellbeing for team cohesion, engagement and performance;
- synthesis of organisational information with health and wellness information, best practices and directives;
- monitor, recommend, develop, implement and manage stress management and morale building strategies and techniques that assists workers to effectively reduce, manage and deal with stress within a team and recover effectively from stressful or difficult situations;
- recommend, develop, implement and monitor workplace sustainability policies and strategies;
- establish work practices that support workplace wellness through workspaces that encourage creative mindsets, collaborative working and the development of positive and healthy workplace relationships;
- serve as a positive role model in the workplace by maintaining an appropriate work-life balance to manage personal health and stress.
Units of Competency
To be awarded the nationally recognised qualification of 10299NAT Diploma of Wellness participants must successfully complete eleven core units of competency. A robust, highly practical and self-paced assessment process will determine your competency.
Your course mentor is available to provide feedback and guidance regarding your assessments prior to submission. Your confidence and learning journey is our priority and is supported by Australia’s competency-based standards that enable you to have multiple attempts at submitting assessments until you are competent.
- BSBWOR403 – Manage stress in the workplace
- WELIWP501 – Integrate wellness principles into life and workplaces
- HLTHPS010 – Interpret and use information about diet and nutrition
- BSBLDR501 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBLED502 – Manage programs that promote personal effectiveness
- BSBLDR503 – Communicate with influence
- BSBSUS501 – Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBLDR502 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBINN502 – Build and sustain an innovative work environment
The format of the 10299NAT Diploma of Wellness Spa Management Program is designed for the busy professional. The course contains eleven core units of competency and a range of highly relevant spa management assessment activities. All are completed online at your own pace.
You have a total of 12 or 24 months to complete the course. Should your goal be to complete the course in a shorter time frame that is certainly achievable. We have highly passionate spa management trainers and mentors with over 25 years of national and international industry experience available to personally guide and support you through all of your training and assessment requirements.
All assessments are competency-based and will result in a ‘Competent’ or ‘Not yet competent’ outcome.
Our well experienced trainers and mentors are very happy to be flexible with structuring assessments around the most relevant needs of your business or workplace to support your goals and objectives.
One of our most popular chosen assessment projects is putting together a business plan, operations strategy, project management timeline and budget for a wellness spa. This could be your wellness spa or one that you currently work in.
Monthly mentoring sessions are set at times that suit your work and life schedule. These sessions are via phone, zoom, skype and range in duration, from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on your needs. The structure of the sessions and the overall course delivery is a proven blended online learning framework. It is succinct and supportive to keep you on track to successfully complete your Diploma and achieve your business/career goals and objectives.
Flexibility and Relevance
We developed this program in consultation with the national and international spa sector of the wellness industry. Maximum flexibility empowers and enables you to achieve your study, career and business dreams. If you’re opening your own business in the spa sector of the wellness industry, your experienced course mentor will work with you to contextualise your projects to incorporate the key steps for setting up your own successful wellness, skin or spa business. This way, your Diploma program is an integrated part of your development and planning phases of your business, saving you valuable time and money AND providing you with a credible qualification.
We have international students from many countries.
As this program is online, if you are located outside of Australia or are already here in Australia on a student visa and looking to obtain further skills, YES you CAN apply for this program.
The fees and entry requirements remain the same for both domestic and international participants.
This program is NOT currently available however, to international students who intend to apply for a student visa to come and study on-site in Australia.
The Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy accepts applications from students based anywhere in the world. As a general rule, the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy imposes a minimum age requirement of 17 years.
Our applicants typically include experienced work professionals and students who have completed Year 12 in Queensland or elsewhere in Australia, and international students who have completed equivalent secondary school studies in their own countries.
Please note: This program is currently only available online to Australian and students located overseas (not available to international student visa holders).
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to complete an online Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test as documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Enrolments Team.
When to apply
Applications are open all year round for your convenience and life-study-work flexibility.
Applying online to study at the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy is easy. We encourage you to lodge your application as soon as you have decided as we do cap our student numbers per trainer/mentor.
How to apply
In order to apply at the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy, you will need to complete the online enrolment form.
We are here to serve you. To add value to your personal wellbeing, your career and your organisation. Our course participants often comment on how transformative this program is to them personally, as well as professionally.
The course fee for the Diploma of Wellness Spa Management Program (10299NAT) is AU$9,950 and is GST exempt, including a deposit of $1500.00
Enrolments in our courses are accepted all year round to suit your life and work schedule.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that ASWA’s practical structure and flexible schedule means you can finish your qualification sooner and be in your chosen wellness work role earlier than if you completed a different program or went to another training provider.
This also represents a substantial reduction in time, travel, accommodation and living costs, plus more time of extra earnings.
You can choose to pay via:
- Direct Deposit; OR
- Credit Card – 1.7% fee applies
You can choose one of the following Four Options:
Option One – 12-months (Full-time)
- Deposit of $1500.00, then 12 equal monthly payments of $704.17; OR
- Deposit of $1500.00, then 52 equal weekly payments of $162.50
NOTE: You can pause payments at any time if needed.
Option Two – 24 months (Part-time)
- Deposit of $1500.00, then 24 equal monthly payments of $352.08; OR
- Deposit of $1500.00, then 104 equal weekly payments of $81.25
NOTE: You can pause payments at any time if needed.
Option Three -Where an employer or organisation is funding the training:
- $2700 – Commencement of Training
- $2,700 – 2 month after enrolment date
- $2,700 – 6 months after enrolment date
- $1,850 – 8 months after enrolment date
Yes, we can provide a customised payment solution that suits your organisation’s budgeting needs. Contact us to discuss your unique needs.
NOTE: The Standard Enrolment is for 12 months. Extensions are available at an administration fee of $100.00 for 12 months.
Your education is a 100% tax deductible expense.
Salary sacrificing is a useful option chosen by many participants of our training programs.
Still not sure?
If a qualification isn’t important to you but you are wanting experienced guidance for greater clarity and confidence in your spa management or business ownership role, our mentoring strengthens the fundamental competencies needed for your career/business success. The skills that you develop throughout your mentoring program can even go towards Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) for this nationally recognised Diploma qualification!
We know that options and education can empower and enable, so we have made the ‘secret ingredients’ for your spa management success available so you can choose the DIY pathway with our relevant and practical, step-by-step structure and proven systems for success, provided by the ASWA business management resources.
If however, you are looking for strategic design, business planning advice or project management expertise to shift your new or existing business into thriving mode quickly and effectively, our consulting services are just what you are looking for.
Contact us to discuss a ‘best fit’ to suit your unique needs.
Enrol today to upskill to a rewarding career managing wellness spas, health and wellness retreats, and more!ENROL NOW Start Anytime