Workplace Mental Health Skill Set BSBWHS432X
The cross-sector BSBWHS432X Workplace Mental Health Skill Set course addresses the skills and knowledge required to support the mental health of employees in an organisation or work area. It equips participants with the skills and knowledge required to contribute to managing psychological health and safety in the workplace including identifying psychosocial hazards and risk management processes, and to provide effective support to employees.
Who is this course for?
It’s for those who work in a variety of industries and work contexts, who may have some responsibility for supervising others. Some may have managerial responsibilities. Depending on the industry and work context, this may include frontline managers, supervisors, team leaders or small business operators. This skill set also applies to Human Resources, Wellbeing, Health and Safety Professionals.
IMPORTANT: This course does not qualify the participant as a mental health professional.
Course Content and Outcomes
Participants will learn HOW to:
- Identify internal and external business risk and potential impact to the organisation.
- Understand non-work-related stressors that have the potential to affect psychological health and safety, including:
– financial insecurity
– balancing work and caring responsibilities
– concern for vulnerable family members and friends
– change to activities that support psychological health
– received threats of domestic and family violence
- Contribute to managing psychological health and safety, including reviewing and identifying psychosocial hazards and psychological risks and identifying risk control measures.
- Support development of a plan for reviewing and evaluating selected risk control measures.
- Support development of a communications and consultation plan for organisation or work area.
- Confidently identify and respond to employees experiencing psychological distress within the scope of own role.
- Refer employees showing signs of psychological distress to support services and resources according to individual needs.
- Effectively document support provided to meet legislative requirements.
- Support processes for introducing employees to the workplace environment in a physically and psychologically safe manner.
- Contribute to implementing reasonable adjustments for employees experiencing psychological injury.
- Provide support to employees permanently leaving the organisation within the limits of own role.
- 8 Self-paced topics completed within 3 months, including videos, virtual presentations, templates and workbooks.
- Delivered by expert facilitators.
- Access to unlimited support from our facilitators during the course via email or telephone.
- 3 months access to online course content.
- A highly valued list of the best sources of tools, resources, and professional support available to enable you to continue to remain current and confident to support the mental health of employees in an organisation.
- Upon successful completion, the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy will issue a certificate of completion of Workplace Mental Health Skill Set
You have 2 options for this course.
Option One – Course with Assessment: In addition to the above course inclusions, this course includes a written assessment for you to complete and submit. Upon successful completion, you will receive an accredited certificate for BSBWHS432X Contribute to organisational mental health in the context of disruptive events from Prestige Service Training RTO 31981. If you do not complete or submit your assessment, but do complete all the online course modules, you will only receive a certificate of completion of Workplace Mental Health Skill Set from the Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy.
Option Two – Course Only (No Assessment to submit): As per above course inclusions.
Note: Both course options have the same course content (videos, virtual presentations, templates and workbooks).
CPD points apply for professional industry associations.
This course is ideal for gaining relevant workplace mental health skills for your current or ‘next step’ role. It also provides a credit (BSBWHS432X Statement of Attainment) pathway to Australia’s first accredited Diploma in Wellness Leadership Qualification.
What others have to say about us:
Having spent my working career in a high paced, demanding and stressful industry, I wanted to learn how to prioritise my health and wellbeing whilst still building and maintaining a successful career. Angela’s support and guidance throughout the course has been invaluable and I would highly recommend that organisations invest in wellness training and development like that offered by ASWA, even more so in this era of COVID-19.
I felt less alone and am very grateful to have been gifted this training course to learn and practice personal skills in wellbeing. Having Angela facilitate the online group also gives me a greater sense of purpose and a safe space to connect with others. I don’t know how I would’ve got through this challenging year without my Wellness Within and ASWA.
ASWA’s Wellness Within program provides the tools, techniques and support for team members to take control of their own wellbeing.
Our environment is fast paced and ever changing so employee wellbeing is key to having a productive and engaged team. ASWA’s training programs provide practical techniques and tips to support me and my team.
The ASWA Wellness Tracker provides a great overall snapshot of an individual or a group to determine and prioritise wellbeing needs as a basis for developing a wellbeing business case and strategic planning purposes.
What gets measured gets managed. For my team and organisation, the ASWA Wellness ROI Calculator and Wellness Tracker provide relevant data and benchmarks for measuring and monitoring our wellbeing strategy and initiatives to shift from reactive to prevention-focused.
ASWA’s concept of providing roadmaps for wellness in life, workplaces and businesses, are excellent innovations that provide opportunity for leaders, and future leaders, to participate in innovative and valuable development programs.
People need to feel safe coming to work and to be able to bring their whole self to work. With a team of approx. 100 people and an environment that is fast paced and ever changing, employee wellbeing is key to having a productive and engaged team. ASWA has helped us form strategies on how to create an environment that promotes health, safety and wellbeing.
I’ve enrolled in your Wellness Within Program today and I’ve just finished the Wellness Tracker, which I thought was spot on in terms of the results and how it is illustrated … great work. Looking forward to continuing the program!
What gets measured gets managed. For my team and organisation, the ASWA Wellness Tracker provides a benchmark for measuring and monitoring our wellness strategy and initiatives. The Wellness Within program provides the tools, techniques and support for team members to take control of their own wellbeing.
Personally, the ASWA Wellness Tracker provides an essential measurement of my wellbeing and importantly, where to focus my time and energy for the greatest impact.
I wanted to combine business skills with my passion for helping people with fitness and wellbeing to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Convenient and easy to organise in my own time at home, I enjoyed every module. We have expert assistance from Angela and the ASWA team who are approachable and available.
Where do I go from here?
This cross-sector accredited course provides the skills and knowledge required to participate in managing psychological health and safety in the workplace and provide support to others.
8 hours – Online On-Demand
AU $1,800 (Plus optional $800 for assessment option)