The Australasian Sustainable Wellness Academy has a commitment to making a profound impact to our local and global community. At the local level, we support initiatives through sponsorships, donations, workshops & presentations to business and industry forums and schools. At the global level, ASWA have been active supporters and proud investors in Soroptimist International projects since 2006.
Soroptimist International is a worldwide volunteer service organization for business and professional women who work for peace, and in particular to improve the lives of women and girls, in local communities and throughout the world.
Beyondblue is an independent, not-for-profit organisation working to increase awareness and understanding of depression, anxiety and related disorders throughout Australia and reduce the associated stigma.
The ASWA Wellness Within Project
The ASWA Wellness Within Project is a community project designed to support the personal wellness development of individuals working in community services or requiring the services of those organisations.
Wellness Within is a personal wellness program that provides a roadmap and teaches the skills to live your best life, covering resilience, mindfulness, nutrition, exercise, sleep and more. It’s a fantastic program to kick start a corporate wellness program, by supporting employee health and in turn increasing productivity for personal and organisational success.
For every 10 Wellness Within personal wellness programs that are purchased, ASWA provides one FREE Wellness Within program to a community, not for profit (NFP) organisation.
How Can Businesses Get Involved?
When businesses purchase 10 Wellness Within personal wellness programs for the purposes of their employees wellness solutions, ASWA provides one FREE program to a community, not for profit (NFP) organisation.
The company can choose a particular NFP to provide the FREE program to, or they can donate it to one of the NFP organisations on ASWA’s list of chosen beneficiaries, including but not limited to:
- Soroptimist International
- Domestic Violence Protection
The not for profit organisation can choose to utilise the program to support the health and wellbeing of their own staff or volunteers, they can auction it off, or use it as a prize for fundraising efforts that support community wellness initiatives.
Contact us on 1300 342 191 for more information on how you can get involved with our ASWA Wellness Within Project.
Three steps for boosting Community Wellness:
- Identify how you can contribute to your community based on your personal or organisational mission.
- Talk to people about your passions and interests so that they can connect you with relevant organisations and groups.
- Opt in to a community organisation, group, event or cause. Even if you start small, you can start now.
The ASWA training and development programs provide graduates with additional skills and knowledge to contribute to wider community outcomes that make a difference, such as:
- creating a community awareness of the long term benefits of greater levels of wellness;
- reducing the cost of, and negative impact on, the quality of life associated with a lack of wellness;
- creating healthy and nurturing workplaces;
- achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.